The School of Charleston thinks it’s essential to get the COVID-19 vaccine simply because it desires to defend the campus community and beyond. That is why the Faculty introduced the Vax on the Bricks campaign this summertime and has established a objective to have 90% of college students vaccinated, which will make it possible for for as typical a semester as attainable.
“We simply cannot wait to welcome you back again this slide, and we’re enthusiastic to return to a new ordinary,” claims Lee Penny, director of College student Well being Companies. “The nearer we get to 90%, the larger the collective reward.”
The COVID-19 vaccine is totally voluntary for students. CofC President Andrew T. Hsu says college students are requested to add their vaccination position to the College’s clinical records database to assistance in campus overall health and safety setting up for the slide 2021 semester.
Connected: Update on COVID-19 Protocols and Face Masking Recommendation on Campus
“By acquiring vaccinated we raise our chances of possessing a disruption-free semester,” Hsu says.
“The more data we have about our local community, the much better we can program for your practical experience,” adds Penny.
Learners must add their vaccination record to Scholar Overall health Services at go.cofc.edu/vax-upload.
Check out out These Regularly Questioned Thoughts About COVID-19 Vaccines at CofC:
Will college students be needed to obtain COVID-19 vaccinations?
In accordance with the Centers for Illness Manage (CDC) and the South Carolina Department of Health and fitness and Environmental Management (DHEC) recommendations, the Higher education of Charleston strongly recommends its students, school and personnel receive the COVID-19 vaccine. On the other hand, remember to be aware that a COVID-19 vaccination is not expected for any student to enroll or take part in campus functions at the College or university of Charleston and it is not demanded for staff to get the job done at the College.
- The information entered into the Microsoft sort is held strictly confidential neither mom and dad nor learners will receive an email that suggests their vaccination position – regardless of whether vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Vaccination info will support Scholar Health Products and services for the duration of the get in touch with-tracing system for positive people today and shut contacts. Per CDC and campus rules, college students who have uploaded documentation of their vaccination will not be required to quarantine. All pupils (regardless of vaccination position) will be required to isolate if they test positive.
When will COVID-19 vaccination clinics be held on campus for learners?
University of Charleston College student Well being Companies is supplying the COVID-19 vaccine, both Moderna and Johnson & Johnson, to students, who can pick which vaccine they get.
Impending Vaccine Clinic Dates:
- Thursday, August 5
- Thursday, August 19
- Tuesday, August 24
- Wednesday, August 25
- Wednesday, September 1
Appointments are desired but wander-in appointments will be taken as provides final. To routine an appointment:
- Log into https://cofc.medicatconnect.com.
- Simply click on the appointments tab (best middle of affected individual portal menu bar).
- Scroll down to “Appointment Reason” box, pick out “Covid Vaccine Administration.”
- Pick out “Student Health and fitness Solutions Online Scheduling.”
- Decide on “COVID Vaccine” as purpose.
- Click on “Submit.”
- Choose your most popular day by clicking on the date on the calendar and then find your most well-liked time.
- Comprehensive expected varieties to confirm your appointment.
I am a college student and now acquired one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Can I make an appointment for the second dose at the on-campus clinic?
Yes. If you formerly acquired the Moderna vaccine, please choose an appointment for a 2nd–dose appointment. We are not able to accommodate second-dose Pfizer vaccine appointments.
Is there a price for COVID-19 vaccines for learners?
No. Vaccines are presented at no value to CofC college students. Insurance plan details will NOT be gathered.