The Course of 2021 at McFarland Substantial Faculty set a selection of records this 12 months. Below is a glance at some of the figures:
Document established by 2021 class
• All-time report with 41 learners qualifying to get the Golden Point out Seal Merit Diplomas.
• All-time file of 69 college students that skilled to obtain the Condition Seal of Biliteracy.
• All-time document of possessing a valedictorian with a GPA of 4.64.
• All-time file of acquiring salutatorians with GPAs of 4.60.
• To start with graduating class to have been capable to continue to be dwelling for the total senior calendar year, have their detentions waived and be acknowledged into universities with out the SAT.
• All-time document highs have been set by learners taking twin enrollment courses and concurrent enrollment programs. Never in the heritage of McFarland Superior have students taken 13 BC courses, nonetheless this class experienced quite a few learners who excelled in 13 BC classes. Several other pupils took 6, 7, 8, nine and past 10 BC programs when attending MHS even though they had been not truly getting portion in the early college practical experience considering the fact that the initially early faculty class had barely wrapped up their sophomore calendar year. These learners have quickly currently done 1 calendar year of university or more.
• Many thanks to GEO, this course is the initially course to have every graduate receive a $1,000 check or scholarship. Do the math and this is an all-time file for scholarships that are likely out to learners. 1 scholar also been given a $40,000 Edison Scholarship and the $25,000 California Table Grape Scholarship. In addition to this, many other students gained noteworthy scholarships.
• 22 college students documented that they gained college grants, which are issued by the university for fantastic GPAs. The sum totals $143,324.
Course of 2021 after significant university
• In spite of distance finding out, this course however managed to have four pupils who were accepted and who will go to UCLA. A different scholar is on his way to UC Berkeley while other college students will go to UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, UC Santa Cruz, UC Merced, Cal Poly SLO, Fresno State and 22 other seniors will show up at CSUB (50 college students fully commited to attend four-year universities).
• 67 further seniors have fully commited to show up at Bakersfield College, COS, Cuesta and other neighborhood schools.
• 11 learners will go to trade educational facilities to be mechanics, barbers, cosmetologists, nursing assistants, and one college student will show up at California Aeronautical University to turn into a pilot.
Higher education bound: 64 percent of the 2021 course has produced a commitment to continue on pursuing their training at a large amount.
Military services: 6 p.c of the 2021 course has enlisted with the armed forces (Marines and Military).
Workforce: 30 p.c of the graduating course is coming into the workforce.