The Faculty of Charleston COVID-19 Management Staff shared the adhering to message with the campus local community on Tuesday, June 29, 2021:
Pricey Campus Community:
We hope your summer season is likely effectively. We wanted to update you concerning our revised COVID-19 protocols, which will choose effect Tuesday, July 6, 2021, and will be in area for the tumble and spring semesters. These recommendations are similar to what other South Carolina public institutions of increased instruction are performing. Nevertheless, remember to note, the College of Charleston reserves the correct to change these protocols when necessary.
In building these revised suggestions, the College’s COVID-19 management team formulated them with other university officers throughout the point out, public health and fitness officials from the S.C. Section of Wellbeing and Environmental Control (S.C. DHEC) as perfectly as at the direction of the South Carolina Standard Assembly. The Higher education of Charleston’s system is in alignment with state legislation and other college programs throughout the state and also much of the country.
Make sure you go through meticulously the adhering to updates, which will also be posted on the College’s Back again on the Bricks website:
- In accordance with the Centers for Disorder Manage (CDC) and S.C. DHEC rules, the College or university of Charleston strongly suggests its pupils, college and staff receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Nevertheless, remember to notice: a COVID-19 vaccination is not demanded for any university student to enroll or an employee to function at the Higher education of Charleston.
- Every student, together with returning college students, must full the College or university of Charleston COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation or Declination Form (https://types.office.com/r/JyD5fwfA2p). This details is crucial to final decision-generating associated to the procedure of the College during the 2021–22 tutorial year.
- The information entered into the Microsoft variety is held strictly confidential neither mothers and fathers nor learners will obtain an electronic mail that suggests their vaccination standing – whether or not vaccinated or unvaccinated.
- Pupils who are not vaccinated or who choose to not complete the sort will be positioned in a monthly COVID-19 required screening protocol.
- As of July 6, face-coverings and masks are not essential whilst on campus.
- Be sure to observe: Per the CDC and S.C. DHEC pointers, all those who are not vaccinated or these who wish to proceed to use encounter-coverings/masks are encouraged to do so.
IN THE CLASSROOM
- For in-man or woman courses, classrooms and training course sections will be filled to the hearth-code capability of the room.
- Within each and every classroom, 3 feet of social distancing ought to be managed.
- Non-academic gatherings are no extended topic to attendance limits.
- Please note: spaces made use of for meetings and functions are restored to their pre-COVID capability with 3 ft of social length.
- Party hosts, for each educational and non-academic gatherings that are College sponsored, must maintain a record of attendees at each event must contract tracing be necessary.
College OF CHARLESTON–SPONSORED HOUSING
- In order to participate in go-in, pupils residing in on-campus housing (these as residence halls and historic homes) who have not been vaccinated are necessary to add proof by midnight, August 16, of both:
- A positive COVID-19 test dated following May perhaps 22, 2021
- A negative PCR or antigen take a look at conducted in between August 12 and August 19, 2021.
- Notice: the University of Charleston will not take antibody exams.
- Pupils failing to submit ideal documentation ought to hope that their transfer-in will be delayed until eventually documentation is developed.
- Learners who exam positive prior to shift-in should really plan to finish their 10-working day isolation away from campus.
- Documentation can be submitted by this connection: https://kinds.business.com/r/AkjnxmLVk3
QUARANTINE AND ISOLATION
- Non-vaccinated students or learners who do not comprehensive the Higher education of Charleston’s COVID-19 vaccination documentation form and who are determined as the close get in touch with of someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 will be required to comply with a quarantine-and-isolation protocol.
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON–SPONSORED Travel
- For faculty and workers, College-sponsored domestic journey is permitted regarding College-sponsored international journey, college and staff members are to function with their division heads. For these workers touring for operate, the CDC strongly endorses being vaccinated.
- Demands around College-sponsored student journey, both equally domestic and international, are becoming finalized this summer months. Extra aspects will be shared closer to the start out of the fall semester.
- Special Note: By October 1, 2021, the Provost’s Business office, in consultation with the president and the Center for International Instruction, will update the campus neighborhood relating to the position of spring 2022 faculty-led and lover study-overseas systems.
Though the Higher education of Charleston is psyched to have a perception of “normalcy” return to our campus this summertime and slide, we want to remind our whole campus group that, just as we did final calendar year, we will pivot and change system as speedily as the condition dictates.
We know this earlier yr was challenging, but we are proud of our campus’ reaction to the pandemic, and we know we will confront any long term challenges with the very same vitality, creativeness and resilience as in advance of.
We look ahead to viewing absolutely everyone on campus quickly! Have a fantastic summer time! And, go Cougars!
CofC COVID-19 Management Team