The following message about COVID event and student vacation guidelines was shared with the University of Charleston community on Monday, Aug. 16, 2021:
Pricey Campus Group,
In comply with-up to President Hsu’s concept from earlier right now, we would like to share additional information with regards to indoor gatherings and university student journey. As we watch the spread of COVID in our encompassing group, we truly feel it required for the safety of our group to set these rules in area.
These procedures continue to be in outcome till it is harmless for us to make modifications. For any activities that are presently scheduled, please change your plans to meet these conditions or request an exception working with the sort beneath. You may possibly also uncover this information on our Back again on the Bricks web site https://cofc.edu/back-on-the-bricks/commonly-questioned-inquiries/slide-2021-program.php).
On and Off Campus Functions – COVID-19 Tips – Efficient Friday, August 20, 2021
Notice: These policies do not implement to scheduled educational classes.
Indoor College or university-Sponsored Gatherings On or Off Campus:
- For indoor gatherings, the optimum attendance is 50 individuals or the potential of the area, whichever is fewer.
- Facial area coverings and a length of 6 feet are strongly inspired whenever possible. You should contain this messaging in your publicity, occasion invitations, and signage.
- A non-university student staff of the School requirements to be current (in particular person or virtually) to assistance deal with the party.
- Having and consuming must be really minimal. Food items need to be pre-packaged, and we really encourage providing food stuff and consume in a “to-go” format as attendees are leaving the occasion.
- When probable, activities/gatherings should really not include mingling or reception pursuits to reduce immediate contacts.
- Please keep a record of attendees in circumstance adhere to-up is essential for contact-tracing functions.
- Sottile Theater and Athletics levels of competition situations are exempt from this plan and will follow their established COVID protection protocols.
Outdoor Higher education-Sponsored Gatherings On or Off Campus:
- For outdoor gatherings, attendance should be this kind of that the space permits members to spread out. Remember to check with with individuals who reserve the area for direction on capability. There are no certain limitations on attendance at outdoor gatherings.
- Facial area coverings and a length of 6 toes are strongly encouraged. Make sure you incorporate this messaging in your publicity, function invitations, and signage.
- A non-college student staff of the Faculty needs to be existing (virtually or in individual) to deal with the party.
- Taking in and drinking ought to be really restricted. Food stuff ought to be pre-packaged, and we encourage delivering foodstuff and consume in a “to-go” structure as company are leaving the party.
- When achievable, events/gatherings need to not contain mingling or reception routines to minimize direct contacts.
- Be sure to maintain a checklist of attendees in case follow-up is needed for get hold of-tracing purposes.
Requesting Exceptions to COVID-19 Accumulating Policies:
- Exceptions may be granted on a confined basis.
- Exceptions are asked for using this sort: https://varieties.workplace.com/r/PLX2wnLHmh
- In session with the acceptable EVP or VP, evaluate of exemption requests will be accomplished by Alicia Caudill, EVP for University student Affairs and Bridget McLernon Sykes, COVID-19 Lead.
- These who approve house requests should really not approve any exemptions to these insurance policies without having notification from Bridget McLernon Sykes or Alicia Caudill.
Pupil Journey/Student Affiliated Team Journey – Powerful Friday, August 20, 2021
Students may possibly take part in scholar firm vacation as effectively as athletic level of competition and/or practices as portion of Campus Leisure Solutions offered the journey is within just a 50 -mile radius of the College or university of Charleston (66 George Street, Charleston, SC 29424). Right away stays are not permitted. All vacation to and from must happen within the similar day.
- The School of Charleston recommends that when social distancing are not able to be taken care of in vehicular travel, masks ought to be worn by all individuals and home windows stay open in the car or truck to lower transmission of COVID-19. When making use of buses or public transportation, deal with coverings are required in accordance with CDC and SC DHEC assistance.
- Team captains and pupil firm leaders are essential to preserve a roster of University of Charleston learners that are taking part in travel linked to situations, techniques, scrimmages or matches/game titles. These lists need to be maintained for Every single occasion affiliated with the College like college student businesses as properly as practices/scrimmages/video games and be ready to be specified to Pupil Overall health Solutions at a moment’s discover really should contact tracing be important.
- If travel participant rosters are not kept per celebration, all unvaccinated students uncovered to favourable circumstances as aspect of the travelling celebration will be expected to quarantine per CDC, SC DHEC and CofC guidance.
- Exceptions could be requested using this kind: https://kinds.business office.com/r/PLX2wnLHmh
Scholar Business Journey Pointers are outlined in The Compass: A Manual for Student Companies on pages 30-34. All vacation by scholar corporations need to comply with the journey processes and funding insurance policies as outlined in guidelines. For more information and facts college student organizations could get in touch with LaVerne Cordes, Pupil Involvement Enterprise Manager ([email protected]) , or Kim McKale, Scholar Involvement Travel Coordinator([email protected]).
Sport Clubs Vacation Tips are in depth in the Activity Golf equipment Handbook, https://campusrec.cofc.edu/activity-clubs/sorts.php. All journey by sport golf equipment need to be accredited by the university. Details about the pointers in the handbook should really be directed to Eugene Sessoms, Director of Campus Recreation Services, [email protected]
If you have questions or need further data, make sure you let us know. We take pleasure in your partnership in supporting to maintain our campus neighborhood secure.
Bridget McLernon Sykes, COVID Guide
Alicia Caudill, Govt Vice President for Student Affairs